photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

6.20.2012

.bits and pieces.

Just a few odds and ends that I would like to share with y'all...

headerimage

First up, I'd like to tell you all about the Meditation Revolution that Yoga Journal is doing. It's a 28 day challenge that starts July 9th, and if you sign up you'll get free meditations (including some audio) and support emailed to you everyday. I don't know about you, but I think meditation is hard. But I know that practice is the key to success, and a little motivation never hurt either! Try the revolution with me, and see if we can master our minds! ...or at least make it a habit to try to.


Next up, I wanted to talk about the Summer of Love that Amy is doing over at Vanagon Champion.
I think pretty much every lady I know (and even some men-folk) has expressed to me at some point that they do not like their body. Yoga teaches us to accept and love ourselves for who are. Right now. This moment. Think about all the magical, wonderful, amazing things your body does for you every single day. How can we for one second not be awed and thankful for everything that is does? You are beautiful, just the way you are. Honor yourself with some self-love this summer, and wear that swimsuit! Wear those shorts! And enjoy it! Follow along with Amy's posts this week and see if you can break the body-blues that we construct in our own minds.

Lastly, I wanted to say Happy Solstice to everyone. I love the idea of celebrating the seasons and the Earth, noting the passage of time on these days of natural highs and lows. Take some time today to get outside, feel the sun on your arms, and be grateful for the bounty of summer that is upon us.

.shanti.
.connect with me.

1 comment: