photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

5.09.2013

Have Nothing >> In Your House


{via}

I started this post yesterday when I was feeling overwhelmed with Stuff. Yes, Stuff with a capital S. Maybe it's the spring cleaning bug hitting me, but I've been hit with the urge to purge. I should probably run with this feeling when it strikes, since I'm much more often struck with the urge to accumulate, thus the problem.

I'm actually feeling a little bit better about the Stuff Situation, since Andy and I sat down and finally made a plan for apartment hunting last night. I always do better with a plan. As much as I like to think I'm a free spirit who flies by the seat of her pants, I'm not. Like, at all. At least when it come to the big stuff, like a roof over my head.

Renting in Seattle is a huge bummer. Any place that is halfway decent has people clambering to rent it. Last night, a friend who is also looking went to an open house for a cute house. She said 40 people showed up and a bidding war ensued. Gah! This is the first time in the 12 years I have been renting that I am finally at a place to declare that I'm over it. I used to love the freedom to change the view out my window and to make it someone else's problem when the hot water heater went out. But now I want a place to call my own and invest a little blood, sweat, and tears (and money!) in to. Unfortunately, since Andy's job in Seattle is temporary, we are not in a position to buy.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of off-loading some of the Stuff. Might as well make the current place as pleasant as possible while we wait, right?

Do you rent or own? What do you love/loathe about it?

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS > BLOGLOVIN' > FACEBOOK 


4 comments:

  1. I feel you here! My husband always seems on edge when there is too much stuff too, and we're re-evaluating our Stuff situation. Bonus, if you minimize the stuff now moving will be so much easier when it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith Bradley5/9/13, 2:57 PM

    Bah this is how I feel 24/7. My boyfriend and I have even been contemplating moving into a studio (we were all set to move into one around 250sqft, but it fell through asldkfjalsfkj) because we're so sick of stuff. We just want to eliminate all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We own, but it's a condo/townhouse situation so we pay condo fees and someone else still takes care of the big stuff. Sometimes I'm okay with that, and sometimes I would much rather just deal with it myself! But it is nice to know that I can completely (within reason) re-do the innards of my house without having to ask a landlord for permission.


    I am in the same boat with "STUFF" right now. It is driving me crazy! But I always feel like the getting rid of stuff and organizing is more difficult than just mentally dealing with said stuff! Yuck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. summertime dreams6/7/14, 9:42 PM

    Another fantastic saying. And a bidding war on a rental?! Seriously?! I have never heard of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete