photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

7.03.2013

Checking In >> From the Road


Heya, everyone! In case you haven't noticed already from the many times I've said I'd be traveling, I'm on the road right now! I just wanted to check in and say an actual hello. I scheduled a bunch of posts for while I'd be away, so things haven't skipped a beat around here, but I have been busy sleeping in a tent, being bitten by copious amounts of mosquitoes, and feeling the sun shine on my face and the trail under my feet. We're about half-way through our trip right now, and taking a breather with a friend who lives in Bozeman, Montana.

{An aside // Sorry I haven't been able to respond to most comments/messages/etc.! I've been reading them when they download in the brief moments I might get service somewhere, but my ability to respond has been limited. Also, I can't wait to catch up with everyone's blogs/feeds when I get back!} 

Overall, we've been having a great time, with just a few small set backs. One almost involved this picture.
Crossing this stream was tough, and a little scary. You can't tell from the picture, but the water was moving very fast and the current was pretty strong. Not to mention, the water was ice cold. I also didn't have sandals to do it in, so I had to do it barefoot. It took all of my concentration to not slip and/or not let myself be pushed over by the current. A few years ago, I know for a fact that I never would have attempted this, so I was SO PROUD of myself when I took a deep breath, and just did it. And succeeded!

Things are not all triumph though, and there were other crossings I wimped out on. And then promptly beat myself up for not being "brave" enough to do it. I'm glad I have this picture to remind me that sometimes it literally is one step at a time to accomplish hard things. One of my favorite yoga teachers sometimes uses the mantra "inhale acceptance, exhale expectation," in her classes, and it's one of my favorites. I think that's what travel is all about on some level, and this trip has definitely had many moments where I can put that mantra to good use.

Today is our last day of bumming around for a few days, as we're heading to Yellowstone tomorrow bright and early for a few days of backpacking and hiking into geyser country. I am crossing my fingers that there aren't any crazy creek crossings. ;)

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via // BLOGLOVIN' > FEEDLY > FACEBOOK > TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Yellowstone! It was one of my favorites and I can't wait to go back and actually do some serious hiking/backpacking instead of just driving through because it wasn't our main destination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Have fun in Yellowstone. I have fond memories of that place!

    ReplyDelete