photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

7.24.2013

Chihuly Glass >>

I have been busy the last few days...very busy playing tourist with some family that is in town visiting. I had delusions that I would have time to keep up with my blog while they are here, but really, I should have known better. We've done a bunch of very "Seattle" things while they're here, of course, but probably my favorite thing that we've done was go to the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. It's actually just steps from where I work, and I've walked past it a zillion times, but it's pretty spendy to just casually pop in, and I wanted to wait until somebody visited to do it.

Anyhow, it was pretty sweet, and worth the wait.




If you've lived in the PNW than you already know who Dale Chihuly is, but in case you are uninitiated, he apparently has a big personality and an ego to match (legend has it). But you have to admit, his glass is pretty amazing.

Also, he has one of the largest collections of Pendelton blankets in the world. Whodathunk? There was a display of some of his other Indian trade blankets at the museum as well. I would have been happy looking at those all day long.
I will have to make this short and sweet, as I am about to be picked up for another stop on the tour: up the Space Needle!

shanti >> sondra





Get updates via // BLOGLOVIN' > FEEDLY > FACEBOOK > TWITTER

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. Those orange and such flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterns in those rugs are amazing. I've got to get my moleskine out...

    ReplyDelete