photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

7.29.2013

Hot + Bothered >> Yellowstone's Thermal Features

True story: I have not felt like blogging much lately. I am very much a creature of momentum, and this summer has been a doozy for me in that area. Every 3-4 weeks this summer, I keep switching from being at home, to being on the road, to back at home, to back on the road, with some bits of working and other distractions sprinkled here and there. It's been a little hard on my routines, y'know? I think transition time is really important to me and I can't really rush it, jumping from one thing to the next. So this summer I am definitely spending a lot of time transitioning.

I think also I keep panicking that  ohmygodsummerisalmostover, which of course it's not, but my remaining time is already planned pretty full. I see that a lot of the things that I wanted to accomplish are simply not likely to happen, and it's hard not to feel a bit defeated. I envisioned having all this time to be bored this summer, to be able to really dig my teeth into a project or two, to do a lot of reading, to just do nothing. So. When I have had free time at home, I have been trying to do those things, and not sit at the computer. Although I miss sitting at the computer, too. Make sense? Ugh. Humans are wonderfully complicated. ;)

What do you do when you hit a blogging slump?

The upside of doing all these activities that do not involve the computer, is that I have certainly packed a lot in to my adventures, and I have no shortage of things to share. Today I thought I'd share some of the photos I took in Yellowstone of the thermal features. They are so otherworldly beautiful...












These are from the Lone Star Geyser Basin and the area around Old Faithful...just in case you were planning on dropping by to see them for yourself.

shanti >> sondra




Get updates via // BLOGLOVIN' > FEEDLY > FACEBOOK > TWITTER

4 comments:

  1. mmm, I sort of know how you feel. I've had posts planned out in my head for the past few days that have gone by, but I haven't actually found the time to write them! I hope you're having amazing times on your trips; can't wait to hear about them when things settle down. :) take your time & just enjoy it now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm definitely not lacking post ideas! Just lacking motivation, I guess. Maybe it's also just a summer thing. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm definitely not lacking post ideas! Just lacking motivation, I guess. Maybe it's also just a summer thing. :)

      Delete
  2. summertime dreams6/7/14, 11:04 PM

    Fantastic! So similar to the photos that I just took... ;) What a completely otherwordly place. I loved the juxtaposition of having this serene evergreen forest right next to such crazy features. And capturing it all in the same photo frame.

    ReplyDelete